Here are a few of my favorite little things; things that always make me feel a little bit happier even though someone else would probably not understand. Here are my favorite small little enjoyments (in no particular order):
- Wooden clothespins. The Sullivan family sent mine to us 2 years ago and I am still in love. Doing laundry is so much more fun.
- Zooming around potholes on the motorbike. For a minute there I thought I should have become a motorcross driver.
- My handwoven wooden broom in a sea of plastic ones.
- Swallow song track. I always wondered where the bird sounds were coming from when I stopped at the traffic light…turns out they are a music track played over a loudspeaker on repeat to attract swallows to the swallow barns…so the owners can harvest their nests.
- J’s big huge slobbery kisses when he really should be sleeping. I am always a little upset that I’m missing out on sleep, but then I can’t help but enjoy him smoothering me in kisses to make me laugh.
- Strong, sweet coffee in the afternoons when I’m tired but can’t nap because J isn’t too interested in it…see above.
- Finding some split pea ice cream. It’s creamy and more delcious than it sounds.
- Embroidery stands that can embroider anything on anything for only a few dollars in only a few minutes. Why don’t I do it more often?
- Fried Tempeh. Is it still a health food if it’s fried? It tastes really good.
- Packages from Home. What a wonderful way to brighten my day. Thanks you guys.
Well I guess 10’ll do me for now…what little things made your day today?