We get food several ways…
1. We bring a bulk order of food from the big city about six hours away (we can get cheese, raisins, olive oil…stuff like that).
2. Michael brings food up from the little trade stores/big market in the town by the ocean (rice, fish, some veggies like carrots, shampoo…)
3. We buy it from the little market about a 15 minute walk away (sugar, flour, coffee, coconut oil, crackers)
4. We, or our friends, grow it and then get it from the garden.
5. We, or our friends, forage for it.
Here’s a foraging/language learning adventure to get bamboo shoots.
Delicious! Mixed with coconut milk, shallots, garlic, carrots, pumpkin, green onions, tumeric, and ginger.
So, that’s how food happens around here.